Please take time to read our rules and cadet process before applying.
1- Respect is our rule number one. Respect any pilots, from this squadron or any other from the virtual community. Any kind of discrimination will be considered a major infraction and will result in the member being expelled from the wing, no exceptions!
2- Sharing any copyrighted material is prohibited. Any military manual or document shall not be shared or requested from a member of the staff. Our squadron maintains the right of not allowing piracy, and documents can only be shared with a legal permission from the content’s owner.
3- Our wing focuses on combat simulation in DCS World simulator. Any kind of spam, ads or marketing is prohibited. There are specialized websites for this kind of content. Debates involving politics, religion, football, are not allowed as well. This is not the place for these discussions.
4- Cursing, sharing explicit content (death, gore videos) and pornography is not allowed. This group is built upon the friendship between the squad members participating in air combat simulation.
5- Every member must only have one account registered in our website. That means: duplicate accounts are forbidden. Any member caught registered to more than one account might be expelled from the group.
6- All the information regarding CVW-3’s website is protected and shall not be shared in any form with sellers and other websites. All the materials, such as manuals, skins, logos, etc, created by CVW-3 are for exclusive use within the wing. Do not use any material without the permission of our admins.
7- We expect that all the pilots will be able to read all the manuals and standard procedures of our wing. In addition, all pilots must be familiar with the techniques and tactics that might be taught during the training phase, so practice and master all of those. The pilot who does not apply oneself to our training will be warned and may be disqualified.
8- Our members are authorized to fly with other squadrons/wing representing our Wing once they fulfil our requirements and do not break the rules of our wing. Please ask our staff about the rules for flying with other squadrons/wings.
9- The usage of Discord, Team Speak and other communications software used by the wing are subject to our rules. Thus, use them at their best, but always be aware of our rules.
10- Avoid chatting while flying with the wing, keeping the conversation strictly to what had been briefed and using standard communication.
11- Members must log at least one flight every 30 days. If a pilot is not able to fly within this timeframe, this needs to be communicated to our staff to justify the absence. Members with more than 90 days without flying and without a justification will be moved to retired roster from the wing.
12- Only flights flown with another member of the wing may be logged in our system. Lone wolf flights might be to a maximum of 3 per month, and only if those are training missions or online missions in our dedicated server and the pilot is ranked above ENS (US Navy)/2nd LT (USMC) and complete the 2000/3000 training course phases plus CQ approved or IQT/MQT courses. Offline flights shall not be logged in our system. The wing trusts in the information given by our pilots, but if fraud is detected, the pilot will be held responsible for his actions.
13- These rules might be altered. The staff maintains the right to add, modify, or remove any rules without prior communication.
- Be over 18 years old;
- Speak English (intermediate level) - We are an International group with members all over the World. All materials, procedures and communications are in English;
- Know how to fly the airframe you are applying for and have full knowledge of its systems (We do not teach how to operate the airframes, but teach our wing standards procedures in combat);
- Be able to participate at least once a week in training as a FNG/2nd LT (the FNG/2nd LT has up to 3 months to complete the 2000/3000 phase missions or IQT after the LAO flight and commissioned date, otherwise he will be disqualified);
- Have the Nevada NTTR map as well as the SuperCarrier (for Hornet, Tomcat and Seahawk pilots). Syria and Persian Gulf are our deployment scenarios and could be used so they are a good addon, not requirement for join;
- Have joystick (preferably HOTAS), Track IR, and system capable of running DCS World without major problems;
- Our scheduled training flights are Tuesday/Saturday nights 00:00Z (UTC) and our Wing Combat Missions are Thursday or Friday nights 00:00Z (UTC)! Pay attention if you can comply with this!
Accepting our rules, the candidate for cadet of the wing must send his recruitment form for the staff to evaluate.
The selected candidates will be informed via email so that can fly the Local Area Orientation (LAO) flight with their instructor pilot on the date informed in the email.
This flight will be evaluated to determine if the student meets the basic requirements to join the wing.
Being considered fit and selected for the wing training course, the pilot will be informed via email of his selection and fly the VFA-131 (Hornet student), VFA-32 (Tomcat student), VMGR-352 (KC-130 student) or HSC-7 (MH-60S student).
PS: We don't guarantee any pilot's slot. Sending the form does not guarantee a place in the wing. CVW-3 reserves the right to accept or not accept any member, without prior notice or justification.